Sergio Ramos: Real Madrid gets two-diversion European boycott for 'purposeful booking'

Sergio Ramos

Genuine Madrid commander Sergio Ramos has been given a two-amusement European boycott by Uefa "for unmistakably getting a yellow card intentionally".

Ramos fouled Kasper Dolberg in the 89th moment with Real driving 2-1, which means he is suspended for the second leg.

The Spain protector, 32, told columnists a while later he would "be lying on the off chance that I said I didn't drive [the booking]".

Uefa opened an examination and gave him with an extra one-coordinate boycott for acquired a booking purposely.

By getting a suspension at this stage, Ramos diminished the danger of missing a possibly progressively imperative match later in the challenge, as all appointments are cleaned following the quarter-last stage.

However, should Champions League holders Real advancement to the last eight, Ramos would be inaccessible for the primary leg of that tie.

Ramos cleared up his post-coordinate remarks, saying: "I was alluding to compelling the foul, a foul that was unavoidable. Not to driving the booking.

"It was an exceptionally unsafe counter-assault in the 88th moment, with an open match and the tie also."

He included: "That is the reason I said that I would lie on the off chance that I said I didn't realize that I was conveying a punishment, similarly as I realized that I had no other decision than to commit an error. Also, that is the thing that I implied when I said that in football you need to settle on confounded choices."

Comments